Last Updated: January 1, 2023
Table of Contents
1. 1. Information We Collect
2. 2. How We Use Information
3. 3. How We Share Information
4. 4. Cookies, Web Beacons, and Online Advertising
5. 5. Your Choices, Rights and Controls
6. 6. External Sites
7. 7. Children
8. 8. Security
9. 9. Retention
10. 10. Notice to Virginia Residents
11. 11. Notice to California Residents
12. 12. Contact Us
1. 1. Information We Collect
We collect information from and about you in connection with your use of the MASN Site. Some of this information may be considered “Personal Information”. Personal Information is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. Personal Information includes “personal data” as that term may be defined under data protection laws. We may also collect, use, and disclose aggregated or de-identified information that does not reasonably identify you or your device, and that information is not considered Personal Information.
We collect Personal Information from the following sources:
• a. Information We Collect Directly from You: While using the MASN Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Information. This may include, but is not limited to: your name, date of birth, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, username and password (for account administration), financial account information and other payment information (for order processing). You may also submit additional personal information to us for the administration of particular promotional events, such as sweepstakes or contests, when you contact us seeking customer service, or when you provide us with feedback, comments or suggestions on our services.
• b. Information We Collect from You Automatically: As you navigate through and interact with the MASN Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
• i. Details of your visits to the MASN Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the MASN Site;
• ii. Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type;
• iii. Information about the type of device you are using, mobile ad identifiers, the time and length of your visit, the website that referred you to the MASN Site, and the subject of the ads you click or scroll over;
• v. Information about your location. You can withdraw consent for our collection, use, and transfer of precise location information by adjusting the location settings on your device.
• c. Information We Collect from Other Sources: We acquire information about you from other trusted sources. These business partners might include companies, such as your TV or internet service provider, or other streaming media device providers who make our MASN Site or content available on their devices, mobile phone carriers, or other companies who provide services to you. We may also collect information about you from other sources, including service providers, data licensors and aggregators, marketing companies, advertising partners, programming distributors, social media platforms, and public databases. The information our business partners provide us varies depending on the nature of their services, and may include IP addresses, device IDs or other unique identifiers, information about your interests, demographic data, purchasing behavior, and your activities online.
• d. Information from Social Media: When you interact with any of our pages or accounts on a social medial platform, we may collect the Personal Information that you or the platform make available to us on that page or account, including your social media account ID and/or the user name associated with that social media service, your profile picture, email address, friends list or information about the people and groups with whom you are connected and how you interact with them, and any information you have made public in connection with that social media service.
• 2. How We Use Information
We may use Personal Information about you for the purposes described below, or as otherwise disclosed to you through the MASN Site. We may use your information in the following ways:
• a. To process and manage your account and provide you with our services.
• b. To respond to your inquiries or requests, and to post your comments or statements on message boards or in our online forums.
• c. To create and deliver personalized promotions based on your purchases and other interactions with us.
• d. To send you communications about offerings from MASN and our affiliated companies.
• e. To improve our online services, including to perform data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, identify usage trends determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to operate and expand our business activities
• f. To prevent, investigate, and provide notice of fraud or unlawful criminal activity. We may use your Personal Information to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies.
• g. To comply with legal process and our legal obligations. We may use your Personal Information to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
• h. To ensure compliance with our terms. We may process your Personal Information to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• 3. How We Share Information
Except as set forth below, we will not knowingly disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of MASN or our affiliated companies (collectively “MASN”).
• a. To Perform Our Services for You: We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers to assist us in providing you with our services such as payment processing, website hosting, professional services, including information technology services and related infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services necessary to the MASN Site and services you request.
• b. Corporate Transactions or Events: We may disclose your information to a third party in connection with a corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
• c. Business Partners: We may share information with our business partners. Partners may include marketing, audience measurement, or other partners such as those working with us on co-branded services or events and digital distribution partners where we make the MASN Site available. Our partners use the information we give them as described in their privacy policies. The MASN Site may feature Nielsen proprietary measurement software that will allow you to contribute to market research, such as Nielsen’s TV Ratings. For more information about Nielsen digital measurement products, please review Nielsen’s privacy statement https://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy.
• d. As Part of a Contest, Giveaway, Sweepstake, or Other Promotion: We may share your information with sponsors and other partners for contests, giveaways, sweepstakes and promotions. We may use information you provide to verify your entry into and eligibility to participate in contests, sweepstakes, giveaways, or promotions and to inform you if you have won. If your entry information will be used for any other purposes, we will disclose that in the applicable rules governing that sweepstake, contest, giveaway, or promotion.
• e. Compliance with Law: We may use or disclose your Personal Information as we deem necessary or appropriate: (1) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (2) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (3) to comply with subpoenas and other legal processes; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; (5) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliated companies; (6) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of MASN or others; and (7) to enforce our terms and conditions.
• g. At Your Request: We will share your information if you ask us to. For example, if you ask us to share your information in order for you to participate in an interactive service that is operated by a third party.
• 4. Cookies, Web Beacons, and Online Advertising
First-party cookies are placed by us (including through the use of third-party service providers) and are used to allow you to use the MASN Site, and our features and to assist in analytics activities. Certain third parties may place their cookies on your device and use them to recognize your device when you visit the MASN Site and when you visit other websites or online services. These third parties collect and use this information pursuant to their own privacy policies. Third-party cookies enable certain features or functionalities, and advertising, to be provided on the MASN Site.
• a. Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are used to carry out or facilitate the transmission of communications over a network and those that are strictly necessary to provide an online service (e.g. our website or a service on our website).
• b. Functional: These first party cookies allow you to use a feature of the MASN Site, such as to stay logged in or make purchase.
• c. Performance Cookies: These can be first party or third-party cookies. Such cookies track information about how the MASN Site are used so MASN can make improvements and report on our performance. MASN may also use such cookies to test new ads or features.
• d. Targeting Cookies: These third-party cookies (also called “behavioral” or “targeted” advertising) are placed by advertising platforms or networks to deliver ads and track performance or to deliver ads based upon your activities.
You can do the following to limit the use of these technologies on the MASN Site and elsewhere:
• a. Disabling First-Party Cookies: You can use your browser to enable, disable, or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help,” “Tools,” or “Edit” settings). Please note, if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the MASN Site. Also, if you disable cookies, other parts of the MASN Site may not work properly. You can find more information about how to change your browser’s cookie settings at allaboutcookies.org.
• b. Disabling Third-Party Cookies: To opt-out of third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use advertising cookies on the MASN Site, follow the directions above or click here: Do Not Share My Personal Information. To opt-out of third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use advertising cookies across the web, go to aboutads.info/choices. Once you click the link, you may choose to opt-out of such advertising from all participating advertising companies or only advertising provided by specific advertising entities. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, please see aboutads.info/consumers.
• c. Mobile Opt-Out: On many mobile devices, you can control interest-based advertising through your device’s settings. These options can include resetting your device’s advertising ID or selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Ads Personalization” (for Android devices) in your device settings. Ad choices settings and options will vary depending on your browser and device settings, and this is not an exhaustive list. We encourage you to explore your device and browser settings to better understand your choices.
• d. Opt-Out on Connected Devices: Connected devices (such as tablets, connected TVs, set top boxes, streaming devices and gaming consoles) may also use an advertising ID or other methods to identify you or serve you interest-based advertising. In some cases, you can disable tracking by selecting options like “limit ad tracking” or disabling options like “interest-based advertising” in your connected device’s settings. These options will vary by device and we do not control the policies or practices of third parties’ providing these devices. MASN is not responsible for tracking on connected devices or our business partners’ services and may not have visibility on choices you may have made with respect to tracking on connected devices or our business partners' services.
• 5. Your Choices, Rights and Controls
You have the following choices regarding your Personal Information:
• b. To Change, Update, or Correct Your Personal Information: If you have an account or subscription to one of our services, you can correct information or update account settings by logging into your account and following the instructions or by contacting the customer service team.
• 6. External Sites
If you post information in a public forum it becomes public information. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information in order to identify you to anyone to whom you send communications through the MASN Site. The MASN Site may provide links to other sites or services. If you use such other sites or services, check their privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any other site or service.
• 7. Children
The MASN Site are not intended for children under the age of sixteen. We will not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of sixteen. If we learn that we have obtained any personal information about a child under the age of sixteen, we will delete that information. We never allow interest-based advertising on portions of the MASN Site that are directed to children or where we know that the user is a child or a teen under 16.
• 8. Security
We strive to use reasonable safeguards to help prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information provided or collected through our Services. We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and alteration. However, no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using our Services, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
• 9. Retention
We will keep your information only for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes described above, unless a longer retention is required or permitted by law. We may delete or de-identify your information if we receive a verifiable deletion request, subject to exemptions under applicable law.
Following termination or deactivation of any user account you may create, unless you request that your information be deleted by contacting us, we may retain your information for back-up, archival, legal and audit purposes. In addition, we may retain and continue to use indefinitely all information contained in your communications to other users of the MASN Site posted to public or semi-public areas of the MASN Site after termination or deactivation of your user account.
• 10. Notice to Virginia Residents
MASN collects and may share various categories of Personal Information when you use the Service, including identifiers, commercial information, internet or other electronic network or device activity information, and geolocation data. A more detailed description of the information MASN collects and how we use it is provided above in Sections 1 & 2 (Information We Collect and How We Use Information). Section 3 (How We Share Information) describes the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information, and what information may be shared under different circumstances.
Your Virginia Privacy Rights
Virginia residents have certain rights, many of which are subject to limitations or exceptions under the CDPA. If you are a Virginia resident you have the following rights:
• a. Right to Know: You have the right to know whether their information is be processed and to access such information
• b. Right to Correct: You have the right to correct the inaccuracies in their Personal Information
• c. Right to Delete: You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information, though exceptions under the CDPA and other laws may allow MASN to retain and use certain Personal Information notwithstanding your deletion request;
• d. Right to Obtain a Copy of Your Personal Information: You have a right to obtain a copy of your Personal Information in a portable and, to the extent feasible, readily usable format
• e. Right to Opt-Out of Targeted Advertising: You have the right to opt-out of the processing of your Personal Information for targeted advertising, as that term is defined under the CDPA. We do not engage in targeted advertising without first obtaining your consent to do so. To change your consent preferences for targeted advertising, please click the cookie permissions icon at the bottom of this page.
• f. Right to Opt-Out of Selling: You have the right to opt-out of the selling of your Personal Information. We do not sell your personal information.
• g. Right to Opt-Out of Profiling You have the right to opt-out of the processing of your Personal Information for profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects on you. We do not engage in profiling.
• 11. Notice to California Residents
Below is a summary of the “personal information” categories, as identified and defined by the CCPA (see California Civil Code section 1798.140 (v)), that we collect, the reason we collect your personal information, where we obtain the personal information, and the third-parties with whom we may share your Personal Information.
We generally collect the following categories of personal information about your when you use the MASN Site: identifiers (such as your name and contact information); commercial information (such as information about products or services purchased); Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as your IP address, device identifier, and other information captured by online tracking technologies); and inferences drawn from the information collected about you. When you purchase a product or service from us, we may also collect commercial information, such as records of products or services purchased, obtained or considered by you. For more information about the personal information we collect and how we collect it, please refer to Section 1, above
• a. We share identifiers with: advertising networks, Internet service providers, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, social networks, payment processors, customer support partners, events and promotions partners, and fraud prevention partners.
• b. We share commercial information with: advertising partners, data analytics providers, payment processors, fulfilment partners, customer support partners, and fraud prevention partners.
• c. We share internet and electronic network activity information with: advertising partners, Internet service providers, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, internet service providers, customer support partners, and fraud prevention partners.
• d. We share inferences with: advertising networks, Internet service providers, data analytics providers, and fraud prevention partners.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents have certain rights, many of which are subject to limitations or exceptions under applicable law:
• a. Right to Know about Personal Information Collected. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months.
• b. Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions, including if we need the Personal Information for a reason related to our business, such as: providing goods or services to you; detecting and resolving issues related to security or functionality; complying with legal obligations; conducting research in the public interest; exercising free speech or ensuring another’s exercise of free speech; or using the information for internal purposes that a consumer might reasonably expect.
• c. Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information: You have the right to correct inaccurate personal information. In addition to submitting a rights request using the method described below, if you have an account or subscription to one of our services, you can correct or delete information or update account settings by logging into your account and following the instructions or by contacting the customer service team.
• d. Right to Opt-out of Sales. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. We do not sell your personal information.
• e. Right to Opt-out of Sharing for Cross-Contextual Behavioral Advertising: You have the right to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising. We do not disclose your information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising unless you direct us to do so. Therefore, we do not “share” your personal information as such term is defined under the CCPA. To change your consent preference for disclosing your personal information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising, please click the cookie permissions icon at the bottom of this page.
• f. Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information: To the extent we process sensitive personal information (as defined under the CCPA) to infer characteristics, you have the right to limit our use of sensitive personal information in that way. We do not collect or process any sensitive personal information.
We do not knowingly sell or share the personal information of any user under the age of 16.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights. This means we will not: (a) deny your services; (b) charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including granting discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; (c) provide you a different level or quality of services; or (d) suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for services or a different level or quality of services.
The verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative. This means that in making a request you may be required to: provide your email and phone number, customer information, and/or account sign-up authentication or other information needed to verify your identity depending on the sensitivity of the personal information that is the subject of the request.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. If we are unable to verify your identity, we reserve the right to deny the request. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
If you choose to use an authorized agent to submit a request to delete, a requests to correct, or a request to know, we may require that you: (1) provide the authorized agent written permission to do so; and (2) verify your own identity directly with us. We will not require these steps if we have received proof that you have provided the authorized agent with a power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4121 to 4130. We may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
The MASN Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
• 12. Contact Us