The Washington Nationals announced their Minor League managers, coaches and coordinators for the 2021 season on Friday. Nationals President of Baseball Operations and General Manager Mike Rizzo made the announcement.
* Matt LeCroy will take over as the manager of Triple-A Rochester. The 2021 season will mark his 13th in a coaching role in the Washington Nationals organization. In 2020, LeCroy served as the Minor League Quality Control Coordinator and he most recently managed the Double-A Harrisburg Senators for four seasons (2016-19). In addition to his time managing in Washington’s Minor League system, LeCroy spent two seasons (2014-15) as the Nationals Major League bullpen coach.
* Tripp Keister begins his 10th season in the Washington system, his first as the manager of Double-A Harrisburg. Keister spent the previous six seasons managing Single-A Fredericksburg/Potomac (2015-20). He led the Potomac Nationals to three Postseason appearances (2018, 2016, 2014) including the Mills Cup championship in 2014 and an appearance in the championship in 2018.
* Tommy Shields takes over as manager of the Wilmington Blue Rocks, returning to the dugout for the first time since 2012-14 when he was the manager of Kansas City’s short-season Single-A affiliate, Burlington Royals. Shields, who will also continue his role as co-Field Coordinator, is entering his seventh season with Washington.
* Mario Lisson embarks on his first season with Single-A Fredericksburg in 2021 after being tabbed to manage Single-A Hagerstown in 2020. He spent the previous two seasons (2018-19) as the manager of the GCL Nationals.
* Jake Lowery will manage the Gulf Coast League Nationals, his first season in that role. A former catcher, Lowery spent parts of nine professional season in Washington’s (2016-19) and Cleveland’s (2011-15) Minor League systems.
Triple-A Rochester: Matt LeCroy, manager; Brian Daubach, hitting coach; Miguel Tejera, pitching coach; Eric Montague, athletic trainer; Mike Warren, strength and conditioning coach.
Double-A Harrisburg: Tripp Keister, manager; Brian Rupp, hitting coach; Sam Narron, pitching coach; TD Swinford, athletic trainer; RJ Guyer, strength and conditioning coach.
High Single-A Wilmington: Tommy Shields, manager, co-field coordinator; Luis Ordaz, hitting coach; Justin Lord, pitching coach; Don Neidig, athletic trainer; Shane Hill, strength and conditioning coach.
Low Single-A Fredericksburg: Mario Lisson, manager; Jorge Mejia, hitting coach; Pat Rice, pitching coach; Kirby Craft, athletic trainer; Ryan Grose, strength and conditioning coach.
Rookie-level Gulf Coast League: Jake Lowery, manager; Mark Harris, hitting coach; Franklin Bravo and Larry Pardo, pitching coaches; Jacob Meyer, athletic trainer; Gabe Torres, strength and conditioning coach/Latin American strength and conditioning coach.
Rookie-level Dominican Summer League: Sandy Martinez, manager/field coordinator; Freddy Guzman, hitting coach; Edwin Hurtado, pitching coach; Wilson Valdez, infield coach; Emilio Alcantara, outfield coach; Anthony Rosario, tryout assistant; Miguel Cabrera, athletic trainer; Santo Del Rosario, strength and conditioning coach; Manny Moore, Latin American training coordinator.
Spin Williams, senior advisor, player development
Jeff Garber, co-field coordinator, infield coordinator, extended spring training manager
Tommy Shields, co-field coordinator
Troy Gingrich, hitting coordinator
Brad Holman, pitching coordinator
Gary Thurman, outfield/baserunning coordinator
Mark Grater, rehabilitation and Dominican Republic pitching coordinator
Sandy Martinez, Dominican Republic field coordinator
Jon Kotredes, medical rehab coordinator
Jeff Allred, assistant medical coordinator
Tony Rogowski, strength and conditioning coordinator
Carlos Felix, minor league clubhouse and equipment coordinator
Scott Pacquin, minor league clubhouse operations