Last Updated: September 1, 2018
List of topics:
* Information We Collect
* How We Use Information
* Use or Sharing of Personal Information
* Use or Sharing of Non-Personal Information
* Cookies, Web Beacons and Online Advertising
* Social Networking and Third-Party Sites
* California Residents
* Retention of Information
Information We Collect
Personal Information. The types of information we collect that identify you or relate to you as an individual (“Personal Information”) may include things such as the following:
1. Name, date of birth, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, username and password (for account administration), when you supply this information voluntarily
2. Device ID, including IP address, which are automatically collected and, while they don’t identify you as an individual, they do identify a particular computer or mobile device
3. Geolocation (if you consent to this function)
4. Financial account information and other payment information (that you submit to us for order processing)
5. Additional Personal Information you may submit as necessary for the administration of particular promotional events, such as sweepstakes or contests
Non-Personal Information. Other types of data will also be collected periodically, such as:
1. Type of browser and operating system, mobile application usage data, and aggregated information such as “click stream” information which means entry and exit points (including referring URLs or domains), traffic statistics, page views, and impressions, all of which are collected automatically
2. Demographic information you choose to submit and which we may combine on an anonymous basis with similar information from other users
4. Device Information - Device type, OS, and identifier
How We Use Information
1. Process and manage your account and your purchase and use of our products and services
2. Respond to your inquiries or requests, and to post your comments or statements on message boards or in our online forums
3. Create and deliver personalized promotions based on your purchases and other interactions with us
4. Send you communications about offerings from MASN and our affiliated companies
5. Improve our online services, including to perform data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to operate and expand our business activities
Use or Sharing of Personal Information
Except as set forth below, we will not knowingly disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of MASN or our affiliated companies (collectively “MASN”):
* To Perform Services For You We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers to provide us with services such as payment processing, website hosting, professional services, including information technology services and related infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services necessary to the MASN Site and services you request.
* Corporate Transactions or Events We may disclose your information to a third party in connection with a corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
* Compliance with Law We may use or disclose your Personal Information as we deem necessary or appropriate: (1) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (2) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (3) to comply with subpoenas and other legal processes; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; (5) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliated companies; (6) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of MASN or others; and (7) to enforce our terms and conditions.
* Third Party Marketing If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from third parties, we may, from time to time, share the information you provide to us with a few carefully selected third party marketing partners that we believe offer products or services that may be of interest to you. If you would like us to stop providing your information to our third-party marketing partners, you may opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com or sending a letter to MASN, 333 W. Camden Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.
Use or Sharing of Non-Personal Information
Non-personal information may be used for any purpose not prohibited by law. For example, we may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all information that does not identify an individual (or that has been modified to remove individual identification).
Cookies, Web Beacons and Online Advertising
* What Are Cookies? MASN and its agents use small text files called cookies, (collectively, “Cookies”). Cookies are small pieces of data that we and our agents place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies are not themselves personally identifiable, but may be linked to Personal Information that you provide to us through your online interaction with us. A Cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (internet location) from which the Cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the Cookie (i.e. when does it expire), and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
* Types of Cookies
Each cookie performs one or more of the following functions:
(a) Essential Cookies: These first party cookies allow you to use a feature of the MASN Site, such as to stay logged in or make purchase.
(b) Analytics Cookies: These can be first party or third party cookies. Such cookies track information about how the MASN Site are used so MASN can make improvements and report on our performance. MASN may also use such cookies to test new ads or features.
(c) Preference Cookies: These first party cookies store your MASN Site preferences.
(d) Ad Targeting Cookies: These third party cookies (also called “behavioral” or “targeted” advertising) are placed by advertising platforms or networks to deliver ads and track performance or to deliver ads based upon your activities.
* Your Control of Cookies Web browsers allow some control of most Cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about Cookies, including how to see what Cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please understand, however, if you disable Cookies, some features of the MASN Site may not work as well (or at all) for you.
Social Networking And Third Party Sites
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, also known as the “Shine the Light Law,” any of our users who are California residents are entitled to request and receive once a year, free of charge, a notice from us describing what categories of personal customer information (if any) we shared with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. If applicable, the notice will identify the categories of information shared, the names and addresses of the third parties and affiliates with which information was shared. If you are a California resident and would like to request a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: MASN, Inc., 333 W. Camden Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow at least thirty days for a response.
The MASN Site are not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn that we have obtained any personally identifiable information about a child under age 13, we will delete that information.
We strive to use reasonable safeguards to help prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information provided or collected through the MASN Site. However, no system is perfect or can guarantee that unauthorized access or theft might not occur.
Retention of Information
Following termination or deactivation of any user account you may create, unless you request that your information be deleted by contacting us, we may retain your information for back-up, archival, legal and audit purposes, and to reactivate your account upon your request. In addition, we may retain and continue to use indefinitely all information contained in your communications to other users of the MASN Site posted to public or semi-public areas of the MASN Site after termination or deactivation of your user account.
Changes and Updates